Monday 13 April 2009

So sick : /

I don't know how i keep on coming back, but i do.. somehow. I may have been a little over the top in the previous post but i was really upset when i was doing it and it reflected on how brutal tournament poker can be and the dark side of it. Anyway when i woke up, i was still feeling shellshocked but i did have the urge to play again and Sundays are sooo tempting, so i did decide to put in a decent session.

I managed to sattelite in the scoop medium 1k main event, but it was very uneventful.. i hardly won a single pot then jammed on an A river with AJ into a set of of kings. I min-cashed the low scoop main event and had a few other semi deep runs and insignificant cashes but nothing great. I was left two tabling the 40k and the Mulligan on ftp, i lost a big flip just off the money in the 40k and had around 20bb in the mulligan near the bubble. I then won a huge pot with AA vs AQ vs TT, and i was suddenly 7/110, i actually thought this might be the one. I grinded and grinded not playing any huge pots and got all the way upto 350k sitting 3/18, i then went on run AJs into a shortstacks AQ, flopped a f/draw but faded, then lost AK vs 88 for 400k and busted in a 350k pot with 88 vs KQ :( out in 12th for a meaningless 2k. 53k for 1st woould have been nice... sigh

From 100 down to the last two tables iv never felt so in the zone and i don't think iv ever played better. Poker is so twisted lol, seem like such a broken record but yet another super deep run in a major only to come up short.

One day...

gl at the tables
neverbluff67

1 comment:

Keith said...

I've thought to myself at times about how I only see people post when they are doing well, and nothing when they are running bad.

I got into blogging after reading another players blog which had many posts about a significant downswing and the emotional roller coaster that went with it.

I related to it because I was going through a similar thing myself at the time. It helped me to realize that it's not just me and helped me to see the game in a different perspective. I also think it helped the author to vent his frustrations.

Nothing wrong at all about writing during your downswings IMO. We all go through them, we may as well be honest about it. It can only help. Just don't let yourself fall into the trap of self pity.